Second Month
(September 20th-October 20th)
(September 20th-October 20th)

Our little man is 8 weeks & 5 days old.
* We took him out to get his first pumpkin at the pumpkin patch :) That was fun :)
* I officially started back to work full-time this past Monday :( So he spends his days with Miss/Nanny/Aunt Nicole. I did better than I thought...but I miss him VERY much throughout the day. But I'm so thankful for my job...so I try not to complain. And I know he's in very good hands. Now just to get use to the new adjustment...
* He got to meet his Great Nana and Grandpa this past weekend who came in from Texas! So glad they were able to fly into town to meet him! We miss them.
Ethan is also becoming quite the chunk. Hehe I love it. He's gained about 2-3 lbs (we think...) since his 1 month appointment. His 2 month appointment is the 26th so we'll update you all then. He has outgrown most of all his 0-3 month clothing and is now in 3-6 months (though some are kinda big one him).
Last month we started our new life with a baby, learning the ropes and following the advise I took from fellow moms and a few books that I had read. And though I was insured that "I would be just fine", I prepared myself for the worst so that I couldn't be disappointed lol ... and... there was no need. We were blessed with a wonderful easy-going baby (though I have been warned that doesn't mean our next one will be so kind. But that's fine I'll take what I can get ha!). This month has been filled with fun developments. Ethan isn't the 'sleeping all the time' newborn anymore. :) He's getting very fun!
Milestone #1: On Becoming Baby Wise was our reference of choice. It taught us to employ a 'parent directed' schedule of Eat, Wake, Sleep. He took to it like a pro. The book emphasized that a regular nap schedule during the day would allow for more sleep at night and eventually after 5 weeks sleeping all the way through the night without a feeding. And what do you know... the book was right! Ethan blessed us with our first full night of sleep on September 23rd (Our 3rd anniversary). Happy Anniversary to us! I will admit that I went into panic mode the next morning wondering why I wasn't woken up and rushed to make sure our little guy was still breathing...but there he was...sleeping like an angel :) Yay! Milestone met! However... my hopes were then deflated the next night. We then had to figure out the best bedtime schedule for him and a few nights later we found it. So we're good now :)
Milestone #2: I got my first "Hey that's my Mom" smile on September 26th... it was so awesome! Dave then got his later in the day and we both were so excited.... we now try to make him smile constantly. :) So sweet. It melts my heart. And now he does recognizes our voices and smiles at us(and others) all the time...it's awesome!
Milestone #3: His clogged tear duct finally cleared up... Praise the Lord! (so maybe not so much a milestone...but whatever I was happy).
Some other things that have happened this month:
Milestone #2: I got my first "Hey that's my Mom" smile on September 26th... it was so awesome! Dave then got his later in the day and we both were so excited.... we now try to make him smile constantly. :) So sweet. It melts my heart. And now he does recognizes our voices and smiles at us(and others) all the time...it's awesome!
Milestone #3: His clogged tear duct finally cleared up... Praise the Lord! (so maybe not so much a milestone...but whatever I was happy).Milestone #4: He can hold his head up for the most part. He still has the bobble-head motion going on a little bit but he's getting there! :)
Some other things that have happened this month:* I heard my first half laugh about a week ago ... so cute... I'm just waiting for those belly laughs!
* His favorite thing is to just lay and kick and coo and smile. He LOVES his changing spot in his nursery that's usually where we get the best smiles and excited kicking punching Ethan. But he also loves his play mat/gym where he talks to his Octopus friend (who we have yet to name). Were trying to incorporate tummy-time into his daily play times, but he's not a huge fan. So we just do some pull/sit ups to work out those neck muscles.
* We took him out to get his first pumpkin at the pumpkin patch :) That was fun :)
* I officially started back to work full-time this past Monday :( So he spends his days with Miss/Nanny/Aunt Nicole. I did better than I thought...but I miss him VERY much throughout the day. But I'm so thankful for my job...so I try not to complain. And I know he's in very good hands. Now just to get use to the new adjustment...* He got to meet his Great Nana and Grandpa this past weekend who came in from Texas! So glad they were able to fly into town to meet him! We miss them.
Ethan is also becoming quite the chunk. Hehe I love it. He's gained about 2-3 lbs (we think...) since his 1 month appointment. His 2 month appointment is the 26th so we'll update you all then. He has outgrown most of all his 0-3 month clothing and is now in 3-6 months (though some are kinda big one him).
This coming weekend (October 24th) is Ethan's dedication...so we'll be posting pictures from that!! :)
Love you all!
Stats:
13lbs??
24 inches long??
Eating approx. 4 oz. every 3 hours = 28oz per day
He's getting so big! :)
ReplyDelete