Monday, September 20, 2010

The First Month

One Month Down!
(August 20th - September 20th, 2010)

I can't believe it... time has FLOWN by... and I know it doesn't have any intention of slowing down any time soon. :( So we're soaking up all we can...

As you know I had a c-section... and I'm very happy my recovery has been much better than I thought. I was walking around a lot sooner than even my nurses in the hospital thought I would be... so mobility hasn't been an issue at all. I stopped taking pain meds after about a week too so yay me! I did however have a tiny set back last week with a couple of my stitches opening...but I'm back on track now :) I've lost most of my water weight I think by now but by no means am I close to where I want to be... just waiting for the 6 week mark to start working out again.

Ethan is doing great :) He's the cutest little guy ever and we couldn't be happier. The first month with him was easier than I anticipated actually. He slept most of the time those weeks which actually allowed for rest and getting stuff done. We got him into the schedule of eat, wake, sleep and then just skipped the wake portion at night time. He went 2.5-3 hours between each feeding and ate like a champ... no issues there. He loves his food...Must take after both of us :) We put him in his crib from the first night and has done awesome. After the first week he started sleeping about 3 hours and then waking up for food and would go right back to sleep. Now he sleeps 5 hours and then goes right back down and wakes up the next time usually when we wake up... so I'm thankful he lets me get some rest.

We had some professional pictures done earlier this week and can't wait to see them! Thanks Coop!!

To all of our friends and family that has come to visit bringing gifts and food... THANK YOU SO MUCH!! All of your help has been VERY appreciated! Love you all!

We're so blessed and happy to be Ethan's parents :) He's a blast. It's crazy to compare his hospital pictures to his pictures now... He had his one month doctor's appointment today and he's 10 lbs 2 oz. and is in the 80th percentile for growth... my growing boy :)

Stats:
10lbs 2 oz
22.25 inches long
Eating approx. 3oz 8x per day = 24 oz per day

1 comment: