On July 25th we had our tour at the hospital (Troy Beaumont) where we'll be delivering. I must say that it was quite impressive. I think it was a milestone for me because I realized it was actually happening. Not that my growing belly wasn't obvious enough, I know, but somehow seeing all the rooms and the instruments and the moms with their new babies made it very real to me. The maternity ward is VERY nice, the nurses that we met seemed very pleasant and they were very informative. They also seem to provide a lot more than I anticipated; BONUS!
I hit 36 weeks on July 29th but my Dr. appointment was on July 28th. The Dr. did an ultrasound to confirm what I already knew... that baby Ackerman is still breech. Apparently the little one is quite comfy where he or she is... lol. He then decided not to do the normal 36 week check up stuff (i.e. Strep test, cervix check) and just schedule us for a c-section considering the baby's position and the fact I haven't dropped at all...
So...(drum roll please)... we're officially scheduled for a c-section on August 20th. We're having our baby two weeks from today... wow ... very overwhelming feeling...
I'm now scheduled to be at the doctors every week so basically I feel like I live there. My last appointment was August 4th and because the baby was being evasive I had to be hooked up to a fetal heart monitor for about 30 minutes in order for the nurses to hear the heartbeat ... sinker... But everything is fine and we're still on schedule for the 20th.
I'm officially 37 weeks and 1 day today and my next appointment is August 11th.
I will say that my mobility has diminishing. Waddling is now involuntary. We went shopping at Sams Club and Target last night. Needless to say I was concerned I wasn't going to make it from the parking lot, let alone shop two whole stores to grab some things to last us for the next month. Then I saw the motorized carts. After a moment of saying "no no... I don't need that... how embarassing" I gave in. And, wow, I'm so happy I did! They were a Godsend, truly.
So these days we're just hanging out... trying to not fill up our schedules and just relax and enjoy our time as much as we can before it's consumed by our little one... for the rest of our lives :)
Hey, where's our picture?!!! :)
ReplyDeleteWow, this is so exciting. I think I would freak out more if I knew the exact due date, thinking about the stuff that comes along with having a baby. Lucky for us me (it helps me keep sane in the last few weeks) I have always just gone into labor. So excited for you guys. Keep us posted!!
ReplyDeleteHow exciting for you guys. Praying that everything goes according to plans and that everything goes ok. Keep us posted and pictures when he is born. Enjoy the time together before the baby comes.
ReplyDeleteLove ya guys,
Stacey