I'm 23 weeks pregnant today. Wow... You can now definitely tell that I'm prego.
(Check out this link...it's shows what I it looks like on the inside of a pregnant woman week by week...it does have a cartoon breast showing FYI... just a warning... and it may be graphic for some) that's my disclosure before I get complaints by 'scarred eyes' lol.
http://www.umm.edu/pregnancy/000088.htm
Little Ackerman is approximately 1lb now and is about 12'' long... crazy!
These past couple weeks have been pretty physically eventful for me. I can actually feel the baby kicking now... and doing somersaults (or something) in there...those aren't so pleasant lol... but it's fun... Dave is waiting patiently to be able to feel it from the outside.
On the bright side over the past couple weeks I've been able to sleep through the night without having to pee (not sure how long that'll last but I'm enjoying it) ... however... heartburn has increased...grrr...
I've reached the point now where I can't quite do the things that I normally would do activity wise. For example: Last weekend was a softball practice for the co-ed team that Dave and our friends are playing on. I decided that I could use some 'exercise' without putting myself in harms way and go and field some balls in the outfield. During practice I was feeling fine, just frustrated not being able to field the way I usually can. I even hit better than ever...crazy. (As Mike says... I have the strength of a woman and a baby lol) Anyway, well... then I got home... yeah... then it hit me (within the hour). It felt like I ... well I won't go into it... but it was a sore that I never experienced before and it wasn't pleasant AT ALL... and lasted for a few days before it went away... which then lead to my first experience with waddling lol.
I was also Assistant Directing 'Bye Bye Birdie' over the past month, we opened on April 16th. I noticed that after working backstage and helping with tech rehearsals I was quite swollen and exhausted by the time I got home (even when I 'took it easy' because I was pregnant)... what is this!? Lindsey has done many a 'miracle week' in theatre and never had this problem.
So I've given in to my pregnancy handicaps and will now take it easy as much as possible. Especially now that the show is over and I have my evenings back. (yay!). And that the summer months I'm sure won't make the swelling any better. Now the extent of my physical exertion will only be related to my 'nesting'... setting up the nursery, cleaning necessary things, working, etc. (sigh... but don't worry... stubborn Lindsey isn't stupid and is taking care of herself ... for those out there that are concerned that I'm not). :)
Speaking of the nursery!! So excited!! Our friend Trev came over last week to begin painting and Dave finished it up last night... so now we're ready to move in our furniture that has been patiently waiting in our garage! Put together our crib...Very excited!!! Let the nesting begin! I will be sure to post our before, during and after pictures of the man cave converted to nursery soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment